My cute little 18 yr. old (I know) cousin got married in November and most of my family went down to St. George to her wedding. It was like a family reunion and we had a blast. At the reception they had a D.J. We brought my Grandpa with us and we were about to take him home for the night when he announced that he wasn't leaving until all of his granddaughters danced with him. There were 10 of us plus his 2 daughters! He is 96 yrs. old! It was a treasured moment. Dancing was something he and my grandma did a lot throughout their married life. In fact, they met at a military dance as grandpa was in the Army. As they got older and it was harder to get around they would just stand in the living room and sway to the music. We lost my grandma almost two years ago and we are so happy that my grandpa is doing so well and still dancing!

My Grandpa and I
With the Bride...Jordan(she's gorgeous I know)

My sister Rachel. Look at all your tall beautiful granddaughters grandpa!
1 comment:
What sweet memories and a sweet Grandpa. Congrats to your cousin. Eighteen is young, but she's probably more mature than I was at that age.
Post a Comment