
Poor little Addison was so sick over the weekend she had a high fever for 4 days straight and I almost had to take her to the ER when it hit 104. Luckily the motrin kicked in and her fever broke a few hours later. Of course this all happened while Mark was on his yearly backpacking trip with the boys. A couple of hours after the fever broke she started breaking out in spots. I called the Dr. office and they said that was normal after a high fever breaks. Welllllll several hours later she was writhing in pain and the spots had turned into a rash over her entire body. We went straight to the Dr. and they immediately gave her Benedryl for an allergic reaction to the antibiotic I'd been giving her. I've never dealt with any kind of an allergic reaction with my kids and I feel bad that I didn't realize it earlier. I guess it's all trial and error at first. Now I know, no Omnicef for Addy!

The rash was even worse in person. The photos don't really do it justice.











3 comments:
wow that looked bad! one time Brylie got a really high fever, we took her to the ER they worked her over traumatizing her good, and nothing was wrong. 2 days later she broke into a rash like that too, but she wasn't on anything.
This looks just like something that happened to my girlfriend's baby although it's an infection. I can't remember the name but it starts with an extremely high fever for three to four days and then a rash that can be very contagious to other young kids. It's common for kids 1-3 and they can pick it up from the playgrounds and such. The bad thing is you don't even know you have it until the fever breaks and the rash comes!
Poor little Addison. :(
Post a Comment