Thursday, March 6, 2008

Food!

Have you ever heard of "My Girlfriends Kitchen?" You go to their facility and assemble about 10 meals for a cost of $185. They have all of the ingredients prepped for you and after you put it all together you take it home and freeze it. We decided to do our own homemade version which yielded 24 meals for a total of $130. This is good food too! Chicken enchiladas, beef stroganoff, sweet pork salad, chicken cordon bleu and etc.... My sister-in-laws organized the whole thing and did all the shopping. Then all 6 of us took several items and prepped all of the ingredients. One person cooked all the chicken, another did the beef, someone did the cheese and another did the veggies and etc. On the final night it only took us about an hour to put it all together. This is exactly what I needed right now while we are working on our house and moving because I don't have a lot of time to cook! I want to do it again in a couple of months so if anyone wants to join me let me know!

1 comment:

Starla said...

I am so glad it went well. I was sad I couldn't do it this time but I definitely want to join in next time!