This is our new house. I love the front porch and the french doors. We also have a garage...YEAH!! It needs a little work but it's going to be great!

We're doing some remodeling in the bsmt. apt. Were changing it from a small two bdrm apt. to a studio type. We also have to redo some wiring and plumbing and we had to cut mold out of the walls in our upstairs bedroom.


Luckily only half of one room was covered in wallpaper. I plan on making this a princess room for Evie so the paper had to go!

I found many layers underneath. Wallpaper on top of paint on top of wallpaper on top of paint. AAAGGGGHHHH! I hate wallpaper.

This is what we call "The Beast!" Our home was built in 1946 and if this thing wasn't original it was put in close to that time.

Check out the awesome duct work! The broken piece was running to Addy's room. I don't think a lot of hot air is getting through there. Can anyone say asbestos?


The bsmt. bathroom is kind of funky. It's a big space but the do-it-yourselfers that owned the house before placed all of the plumbing in a tight little corner. My contractor Dad is having a fit about all of the code violations!


This is my favorite room in the whole house. We'll be using it as a master bedroom it comes complete with a fireplace and a walk in closet.

Check out the view from our bdrm window! The mountains remind me of home. I know things look rough right now.....but stay tuned for the after pictures.











3 comments:
I am so glad you posted pictures! It is such a cute house and I hope everything is moving along with the remodeling. Have you had any offers on your other house yet?
It looks like such a cute house! I LOVE the front porch and the master bedroom. I'm jealous of your backyard too! What a cool project. Can't wait for the "after" pics.
I think it's a cute house. I also think it's cool you have a handy husband! Mine's the opposite of handy....
Post a Comment