Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Tribute to Hunting Camp

My cousin made this video as a tribute to our family's annual hunting camp. After getting my hunter's safety license at the age of 15 I joined in the family hunting rituals. Although I never shot and killed any game this was a special time for me and my dad. Waking up before dawn and riding horses up the mountain in the dark (usually in fresh snow)is an adventure for any kid. I loved having that time to talk to my dad surrounded by the epic beauty of the Greys river mtn. range. Our family has been camping and hunting at the base of DeadMan mtn. for over 50 years. Back in the day it was no place for kids let alone women! Even though it was hard for my dad when I cried after falling off the horse or got scared by something in the trees....I'm so glad he dragged me along. Thanks for the memories Dad! I hope to make the trip again soon.

1 comment:

Ty said...

Thanks for the awesome post, Rebecca. I couldn't agree more!
Love
Ty